Sunday, 8:47 pm
Week of freedom over, back to work — now with the knowledge that we are over halfway through our time here and are now counting down instead of up O.o
I am carefully squeezing the last drops of permitted laziness out of my Sunday (it’s called being ‘pigre’ here, and I’m a big fan), but just wanted to let you know that it’s very likely I won’t get to post again until next weekend. The last week of October was always going to be one of the busiest times here, because we’ve got those visiting professors here on top of regular classes, and now this insanity is finally upon us. Over the next four days, currently looking at:
- Two sessions of Weaving the Tale, one of which takes us to Palazzo Davanzati. Have to keep doing the readings and start wrapping up our assignment for the “Decameron,” including one 8-page assignment and then an essay that’s 5-6 pages and needs a visual component.
- Three sessions of Italian, one of which involves another test.
- Three sessions of drawing, and work on the sketchbook assignment.
- Two sessions of the Medici class, one of which takes us to the Uffizi and the other to the church of Santa Trinita. Study for the midterm, and prepare oral report.
- A definitely scheduled guest lecture on Tuesday at San Marco.
- A guest lecture Wednesday morning.
- A guest lecture Thursday at the Galleria dell’Accademia.
- And at least one shift in the ACM library.