Sunday, 5:34 pm
Hokay, so it’s been a week. Don’t actually have a ton to report yet, but I was starting to feel bad about the lack of updates so here it goes anyway:
- Visiting professors this past week were uniformly excellent, or at least all the ones whose lectures I attended. Learned about mythology, Etruscan banquets, art theft in WWII, and 16th/17th century musical hijinx; at that last lecture, got to watch a woman play a spinnet, examine a hurdy-gurdy, and ponder over the great unrealized potential of the piano-guitar.*
- Extra-lecture-induced business ended Thursday night, and then I immediately had to switch over and start studying for our Medici class midterm. Still working on that, so art history ahoy.
- Yesterday night, turned the clocks back for Daylight Savings Time…which means that I will now be attending my 5:00 drawing class in complete darkness. I think that deserves a *facepalm.*
- Woke up this morning and realized that we are down to six weeks. Or, more precisely, 39 days. Am still not entirely sure how to feel about that.
- On the other hand, definitely already excited about getting home again, and starting to make plans. SOOO many plans. (Also, while I remember, any home-people should let me know if they want anything from here. Or more specifically if they want a scarf, mask, or tasteful statue of a nude man [David, other David, or angry-classical-youth-with-severed-head], because that’s what I’ve got access to.)
- Also getting good and pumped for our trip to Rome on the 17th, for reasons mainly inclining to the nerdy.**
- Have to get back to studying now, but have some random photos taken while walking to classes: